As you can all imagine, I'm getting calls and emails, so let me clear it up: Yes, San Francisco Newspaper Co. has bought SF Weekly.
Yes, Todd Vogt is the co-owner of the Examiner, Guardian and now Weekly, but for the record, I am the editor and publisher of the Guardian.
No, there are no plans to merge the two weeklies or consolidate them or combine the editorial staffs. We will continue to do our best to be the progressive voice of San Francisco; the Weekly, I assume, will continue to do its own different thing.
And no, this doesn't mean that I'm going to suddenly be BFFs with Joe Eskenazi. We have our view of things; he has his. I fervently believe that we will continue to disagree, and the city will be served by the ongoing debate. (Unless Joe comes to his senses and realizes that I'm always right.)
Most Commented On
- The "tax rate" is not the rate they pay, though - June 18, 2013
- Using family, especially - June 18, 2013
- Maybe you should study up on Canadian law if you want to - June 18, 2013
- SFBG "not resonating with advertizers or readers". - June 18, 2013
- "On Aug. 17, 2012, Black - June 18, 2013
- But adding an in-law also puts both units under rent control and - June 18, 2013
- No, family comes first. - June 18, 2013
- Maybe this was Steven's way of quitting. - June 18, 2013
- Ownership didn't preview this story - June 18, 2013
- "I've got a bunch of - June 18, 2013